with Master Career Counselor
Judy Kaplan Baron, Ph.D.
The face-to-face interview -- the impression you make, what you say and how you say it -- is the most critical part of the job search process. In addition, people who interview successfully are hired and/or promoted faster. They also enjoy greater self-esteem.
While interview success is often left to chance, the good news is that interviewing is a learn-able skill. In just one or two meetings, you can gain a quick and comprehensive understanding of the basic principles necessary to succeed.
We can cover many facets of successful interviewing including:
- Dealing with anxiety and nervousness,
- The best time to schedule an interview,
- Determining your worth,
- Identifying your skills and accomplishments,-Answering the most frequently asked interview questions,
- What interviewers really look for,
- Determining appropriate attire,
- Handling illegal questions,
- Keys to salary negotiations,
- Special interview situations, and
- Major reasons interviews go wrong.
The session(s) can be general interview techniques or targeted for a specific job. To learn the basics we need 1.5 hours. Then, you need to practice!
Others have been extremely successful after learning these interview strategies. You can be successful too!
Call (858) 558-7400 if you'd like more information or to schedule an appointment.